There are two higher education institutions in Grenada: one is the T.A. Marryshow Community College and the second is St. George’s University. The first is a public college whereas the latter is a private university which mainly welcomes international medical students, though in recent times it has expanded the degrees it offers to encompass a wider variation of degrees. The public college is co-funded by tuition and government funds whereas the private university requires tuition in full. For more information, please refer to the official government website:

Educational Structure 
The educational structure in Grenada follows the general path of a Bachelor’s followed by a Master’s and then a Doctorate. Bachelor’s generally take three years to complete, Master’s take two years and Doctoral programs take between four to seven years to complete, specifically seven-year medical programs. Bachelor’s students are required to have a valid Caribbean Secondary Examination Certificate and to pass the Common Entrance Exam. International certifications such as the International Baccalaureate or Advanced Placements are accepted as well at the undergraduate level. Moreover, prospective medical undergraduate students must pass medical exams such as the MCAT.  Master’s students are required to have a Bachelor’s degree and prospective doctoral students are required to have a Master’s in order to be accepted. 

There is no centralized body of administration for application to universities in Grenada. Therefore, students are required to apply directly to their desired university and course. 

For St. George’s University, which is a private university, students are required to pay approximately 22’000$ per year. However, for medical programs, students are required to pay approximately 42’000$ per year. 

Information for International Students 
English is the official language of instruction of most courses. Therefore, non-native speakers of English may be required to pass the TOEFL or IELTS test in order to be accepted. Student residences are available so international and local students may apply to live in student housing. Moreover, homestays are available.